Hrothulf then starts talking to an old man of the community, Red Horse, and he seems like a bad influence. Red Horse talks about making rebellious decisions, and leading an uprising to stop Hrothgar's reign, but Hrothulf is not interested. Hrothulf is a young teenager, he has not much of interest in "legitimate violence" of government that Red Horse talks about (119). Besides this, Hrothulf is actually pretty nice to cousins and other parts of life are going great. Hrothgar starts to feel more pressure as well. Hrothgar knows that Hrothulf is going to want to revolt, men are being eaten by me so that he could not protect his treasure, and he feels guilty that he wasted Wealtheow's youth. I can also tell Wealtheow can pick up that Hrothulf is wanting to uprise. Now, all this drama has been pretty exciting to be honest, but I still feel angry. I have this anger inside of me. If Hrothgar can use his power to control over his kingdom, then I think it is time to really use mine. Peace is unattainable at this point. There can only be one being of total control over people, and it is time for it to be me. Let's do this.
Here is a statue of a guy that I would eat. Pretty much everyone of the Thanes men looks like this to be honest.
Here is a Prezi that I really think dives into all of this drama and analyzes truly well: https://prezi.com/tb6zdtlolhgl/grendel-chapter-8-machiavellianism-and-scorpio/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Works Cited
Doyle White, Ethan. "File:Anglo-Saxon warrior along the faestendic.JPG." Photograph. Wikimedia Commons, 13 Apr. 2015, commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Anglo-Saxon_warrior_along_the_faestendic.JPG. Accessed 11 Oct. 2018.
Gardner, John. "Chapter 8." Grendel, Random House, 1971, pp. 113, 119.
Guy, Nick, et al. "Grendel Chapter 8 Machiavellianism and Scorpio." Prezi, 4 Nov. 2013, prezi.com/tb6zdtlolhgl/grendel-chapter-8-machiavellianism-and-scorpio/. Accessed 11 Oct. 2018.

I really like how you explained and quoted the main parts of the chapter such as the "equal and opposite" on page 113. You did a good job still explaining the appearance of Hrothulf through Grendel's point of view
ReplyDeleteI love how you're able to find a way to include these principals but not make it too obvious. I think you should try to use different pieces of media that better describe how Grendel feels. You're telling us what happens but then add a link that repeats it so I think you should try to expand and elaborate Grendel's emotions. I agree with KHart in that you do an amazing job picking a quote that is the main part of the chapter, that's definitely something challenging to do.
ReplyDelete